Mercedes of the S-class W202
1993-2000 of release
Repair and operation of the car
+ 1.2. General information
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Lubrication system
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. Heating, ventilation
+ 7. System of ignition
+ 8. Fuel system
+ 9. Transmission
+ 10. Running gear
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
- 13. Body
13.2. Forward door
13.3. Back door
13.4. Handle of a forward door
13.5. Handle of a back door
13.6. Door lock
13.7. Internal covering of doors
13.8. Forward window regulator
13.9. Glass of a forward window
13:10. Back window regulator
13:11. Glass of a forward door
13:12. Window regulator engine
13:13. Glove boxing
13:14. Gear shifting handle sheeting
13:15. Forward ashtray
13:16. Average console
13:17. Heating service panel
13:18. Internal covering of the A-rack
13:19. Internal covering of the S-rack
13:20. Front seat
13:21. Back seat
+ 13:22. Central lock
13:23. External mirror / glass of a mirror
13:24. A covering under the dashboard
13:25. Front bumper
13:26. Rear bumper
13:27. Internal wing of the car
13:28. Car wing
13:29. Lattice Mercedes radiator / emblem
13:30. Draft of a cowl of the engine
13:31. A covering under a windshield
13:32. The air supply device for heating of salon
13:33. Catchment basin
13:34. Paint and varnish covering
13:35. Metal corrosion
13:37. What creaks?
+ 14. Electric equipment
+ 14.2. Electrical circuitries
About 70% of cost of the car are defined by a condition of a body. And it, in turn, depends on whether the car visited accident and, the main thing, from extent of its corrosion damages.
The reasons causing the accelerated corrosion are subdivided into two groups and are connected:
– with design or technological features of concrete models;
It is possible to carry to the first group:
– emergence of high tension and vibrations of metal of a body;
Treat external influences:
– the sulphurous connections, carbon dioxide and chlorides which are contained in the environment;
Under our conditions the greatest impact is made by various salt solutions as lead to formation of conducting "bridges" between body details, as a rule, having different electric potential. It causes the most swift-flowing type of destruction of metal – electrochemical corrosion. The point is that all cars have the single-wire electrical circuitry, and, therefore, on a body currents from one consumer to another "walk".
Let's not go deep further into the theory, having left it to experts in the field of corrosion, and we will address practical questions. These results are based on use during examination of three types of the devices allowing to estimate:
– change of thickness of "live" metal, that is not affected by corrosion;
Results of expertizes which are carried out by experts allow to draw the following conclusions:
1. In the conditions of our region the speed of penetration of corrosion into metal for cars with winter operation makes – 0,2 mm a year and 0,1 mm a year for the cars which were not seeing salt.
2. Especially quickly corrosion in the zones which were exposed to body repair, and absolutely quickly develops if this repair was made with use of welding or the soldering as electrochemical couples from diverse metals are created. For buying the car, in particular the foreign car, it is essentially important. Not for nothing economical Europeans practically always sell even slightly beaten car (the truth, having received an insurance) for nothing – $1-2 thousand. Then resell for how many them in our markets, the reader, probably, knows also. But if you were lucky to find the latent defect before purchase commission, know that the actual cost of such car is 25-50% lower, than at unbeaten. It is impossible to forget that sooner or later you will sell the car, and without experts expensive purchases are done now by only very naive people.
3. Most quickly there is a process of corrosion in the cars which are operated in the winter and stored in garages especially warm, without preliminary dissolution of salts flowing water. We emphasize, not washing off, namely dissolution. Very much those who believe that, washing away a strong stream the lower part of the car, they do a good deed are mistaken. Salts are easily dissolved also without strong pressure, and here sheetings from a powerful stream quickly enough "come unstuck" from metal, sag, creating only protection illusion. In the cavities which are formed between metal and the sagged mastic corrosion develops much quicker, than on open metal.
Extremely it is not recommended to wash the car with hot water as because of different temperature expansion the sheetings which are getting warm first of all "slip" from metal, forming negative effect.
Those who believe that the sheeting is thicker, the better are not right. In total just the opposite. The main thing that in a covering there were no gaps, and therefore it needs to be updated regularly.
In conclusion – a practical advice. From two cars not that which is "younger", and on what process of destruction of metal did not get on depth more than 0,4-0,5 mm is better. In this case any processing it is impossible to prevent formation of holes in one and a half-two years. To the contrary, even the old car possessing since the beginning of operation reliable protection will serve a lot more years. Under our conditions in the foreign car it is possible to repair the engine and a running gear, but it is economically inexpedient to repair strongly rotted through body.
order cialis usa online